Décentralised preparation of work
Unit shutdowns or routine maintenance operations require upstream preparation work in order to
define and optimize all the work required to restore the facilities.
To ensure the smooth running of the various operations that may require joint activity (several thousand people during a shutdown),
preparation is a decisive step.
As a recognized expert in the preparation and supervision of maintenance work, particularly in the field of unit shutdowns, the Ortec Group offers integrated engineering solutions in terms of:
- Methods (Processes, operating procedures and training)
- Tools (digital media, smart glasses, 3D mapping)
- Skills in a wide range of areas (Specialist in piping, assembly, mechanics and cleaning, etc.)
From defining needs to managing work requests, including on-site surveys, drawing up technical files, and coordination and monitoring, Ortec teams identify environmental, organizational and HSE constraints and coordinate the preparation of maintenance or shutdown work in collaboration with the various internal departments of the customer’s site (maintenance, inspection, manufacturing, HSE, etc.)
In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, mindful of the health and safety of both its own teams and those of its customers, and in order to ensure the continuity of its activities, the Ortec Group has designed and introduced an appropriate organization and special operating procedures.
These operating procedures allow maintenance or shutdown work to be prepared in mixed teams (Ortec + customer team + third parties) with an in situ organization connected to the Ortec teams in the branch.
This ‘decentralized’ organization enables us to comply with quality and customer requirements and to:
- Reduce the number of physical interactions (meetings, office space, on-site presence, etc.)
- Guarantee compliance with COVID-19 social distancing and other preventive measures
- Maintain the level of security of exchanges and knowledge databases
- Guarantee progress via activity monitoring
Evolution of operating procedures to prepare for maintenance work and unit shutdowns
- Reduced risk of COVID-19 contamination (organization/training)
- Continued activity without compromise (quality, deadlines, volume)
- Co-sharing of the service process between the site and the branch office
- Specific site characteristics are taken into account by field technicians
- Reporting is adapted to the type of exchanges (use of Sharepoint, Teams)
- Provision of new added value (networks of experts available)
- Securing data and network access
- Maintaining the quality of services and deadlines
Chimie & Pharmacie
Oil & Gas
Do you have a project ?
Our team can help you