The aerospace industry: experiencing growth and heightened competition
The aviation sector is booming: there are 80,000 flights per day worldwide and global air traffic has been increasing steadily for the past ten years. By 2032, long-haul aircraft deliveries will more than double worldwide. The space sector is experiencing similar growth: 1,000 satellites will be placed in orbit by 2023, i.e. more than one hundred per year.
This growth is taking place against a backdrop of fundamental technical change and increasingly fierce competition. The challenge for aviation manufacturers:
- shorten aircraft development and commissioning times,
- optimise development and manufacturing costs, leverage automation and digitisation at every stage from design to manufacture,
- stay one step ahead of developments in low-consumption engines, electrical systems and autonomous flight,
- meet stringent safety and security requirements.
Ortec for the space and aviation industry
The Ortec group provides the aerospace industry with cross-functional expertise and a versatile offering encompassing several areas :
- document engineering: design and production of the documentation required to enable aircraft to fly;
- project engineering: project management, system engineering, etc.
- linguistic engineering: specialised translations (presentations, plans, specifications, procedures, technical files), transcreation and localisation (software, online help, documentation), etc.
- production and distribution of maintenance tools: design and prototyping, small- and medium-scale industrial production, distribution logistics, etc.
For example, Ortec-IT has designed, developed and begun to manufacture an electric wiring system for the Italian space agency, coordinating the entire component design and development process.
OUR STRENGTHS IN SPACE AND AVIATION
- Close proximity to the customer: Nineteen sites in France, seven others in Germany, Romania, Canada, Spain, the USA, India and the UK
- Over 300 skilled employees in India and Romania, mainly senior technicians and engineers who comply with the most rigorous standards
- High-quality services at competitive prices