Dantech: the Group inaugurates its technical innovation center
On Wednesday, September 27, 2023, the engineering and construction group Ortec inaugurated its technical innovation center Dantech, based in Durtal (Maine-et-Loire). Dantech is at the heart of Ortec’s innovation strategy, closely connected to on-ground operations and the challenges of energy transition.
Over 200 guests including clients, partners and representatives of local authorities visited the center to find out about its various activities and services. The visit included technical demonstrations, an exhibition of innovative equipment and discussions with the Group’s employees.
“Dantech is the flagship of innovation Made in Ortec. Innovation for those working in the field, always striving for greater safety, industrial performance and environmental efficiency“ said André Einaudi, CEO of Ortec, during his inaugural speech.
Innovative equipment designed, developed and revamped at Dantech
As a center for applied innovation, Dantech carries out three major missions:
- Revamping: repair, modification and innovation for Ortec vehicles in constant improvement
- Custom vehicle and equipment development to meet the specific needs of the Group’s agencies and their clients: electrifying the fleet, reducing truck weight and energy consumption, etc.
- Research, design and patents: creation and development of specific equipment to shape the future of trades and techniques
Dantech brings innovations to life, from R&D to small-scale production:
- Sanitation: the center developed “ELO”, a range of electric and hybrid vehicles with high-pressure pumping and cleaning technology to reduce energy consumption and noise pollution
- Industrial services: hydro-cleaning trucks with a hazardous product pumping system to reduce emissions of volatile organic compounds and enhance operation safety
- Nuclear: a highly pressurized robotic tube descaler for optimizing intervention time during nuclear power plant shutdowns
A 100% energy-independent facility dedicated to decarbonation technologies
At the heart of Ortec’s climate plan, Dantech is also the Group’s pilot site for building energy efficiency and low-carbon consumption. It allows testing solutions before offering them to its agencies and clients, including photovoltaics, geothermal energy, EV charging stations (with IRVE label) and more.
It’s at Dantech that O’Bornes, a subsidiary of Ortec specializing in ultra-fast charging stations for professional vehicles, will open its first stations under the OREVE brand in early 2024.
“Our aim is to extend the approach we initiated in the environmental sector, to all of the Group’s sectors of activity. Applications have already been developed for the nuclear industry. Other sectors will follow: aeronautics, chemicals & petrochemicals, automotive & railway… Dantech paves the way for a new conquest of innovation for the Group!” concluded André Einaudi.
Tel: +33 (0)6 77 70 26 48